The Sweet and Sour Grapefruit Health Benefits
Eating a large portion of a grapefruit before suppers might diminish instinctive (gut) fat and bring down cholesterol levels. Eating grapefruit can shrink your waist up to an inch! Consider having half of a grapefruit before your morning cereal, and cutting a couple of fragments to a starter plate of mixed greens.
List of Grapefruit Health Benefits
- Vitamin C is proven to be a great cold fighter it destroys the free radicals known to associate with inflammatory conditions as asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- This nutrient also reduces the risk of heart diseases, stroke, and cancer such as breast and colon cancer.
- The red and pink color is due to the lycopene that will fight oxygen free radicals known to damage cells. This component also appears to have an anti-tumor activity.
- High amount of antioxidant name lycopene is found in the grapefruit that fights against the tumor
- You can find soluble fiber in the form of pectin in the grapefruit. This helps to the high cholesterol as it slows down the progression of atherosclerosis. Red and pink grapefruit will reduce the levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. As a plus, the red grapefruit lowers the triglycerides as well.
- Grapefruit contents will help reduce the risk of kidney stones as well as protect against colon cancer. This awesome fruit is even known to repair damaged DNA found in prostate cancer cells.
- It is an excellent source of Vitamin C that supports the immune system, and this vitamin is also a well-known fighter against cold and flu.
- It strengthens the digestive system because grapefruit juice has an alkaline reaction.
- Its fat burning enzymes promote weight loss by reducing the sugar in the body.
- A mild acid of grapefruit smooths the rough skin.
- Its seeds extracts are taken by mouth for viral infection.
- During pregnancy, it is recommended to take grapefruit because it decreases the swelling of legs.
People should take at least half of grapefruit, daily to stay fit and healthy and even before bedtime make a habit of drinking juice or eating grapefruit can help to alleviate insomnia. Grapefruit juice is world’s most vigorous snack full of antioxidants and can be drunk after whole tiring day to quench the thirst that reduces the fatigue and also preferably after a workout to take to avoid dehydration.